Oh no, It is the end of the month again! And you need to buy groceries, pay bills and have enough money to s-t-r-e-t-c-h till next payday. it is a very familiar situation in many homes these days. And for a lot of folks, they end up robbing Peter to pay Paul. Which is also adding more stress to an already difficult situation. So what can a family do? Is there any way to avoid this same scenario month after month?
- You could play the lotto…
- Hope for an inheritance…
- Work 20 hours a day…
- Or work two or three jobs…
But is that going to help pay off your debt? It may help, but it could take years and to what advantage?
- Less time with your family?
- Estranged from your spouse?
- Missing all the important things in life?
Not what we set out to do when we started this journey is it? Below I have listed 5 very simple and doable ways to help a family succeed at making ends meet, get out of debt and without the sacrifice at the expense of your family. I know they have helped my family and I hope they can help yours too.
- Don’t buy what you can’t afford. Sit down and make a budget for your family. It is the only way to avoid overspending and coming up short on cash.
- Pay your bills or set up a payment arrangement if you have to. When you avoid paying what you owe, that only cycles you into a financial depression and makes matters worse.
- As you pay off smaller debts, feel good about yourself and move onto the next one
- Be frugal when it comes to grocery shopping. Don’t buy prepared foods, when you have the know how to make it yourself.
- And once you have set up that budget, if it looks like your debt to income ratio could still use a little help, do what needs to be done to fix it, but ask yourself one simple question. have I ever though about a business from home that will allow me the opportunity to add to my income without any risk?
Have a wonderful day!!
How true this is in every aspect in our life…Please feel free to share.
We all have dreams. We all want a better life. But how do we get to that day. How can we bring it to the present instead of wishing for it to happen in the future?
Like many of you, I have been there. And what I have learned I would like to share with you. There is no magic wand or special potion that will make your dreams come true overnight.
However, I will tell you that if you commit to these steps daily, you will find it impossible to remain where you are.
*it can’t be said enough. Write out your goals and send them to someone to keep you accountable. Print them out and hang them where you can see them. Put dates on the, be specific.
* Every morning, wake up an hour earlier and take the time to plan your day. Plan everything. if you don’t write it down, chances are it won’t get done.
* If your not sure what is important, ask yourself this question, “will this task bring me closer to my dreams?”
*If something comes up or gets in the way, remind yourself to get back on task quickly. We all get sidetracked, but we are also the only one to make us stay on task.
If you don’t get the results you want that day, ask for help…New eyes can always give a fresh perspective.
*Never give up. Go back you your why and remind yourself why you started in the first place.
*Go stand in front of a mirror and say to yourself, “It’s is my goal to _____________ by___________ no matter what. My name is ___________ and I am _______________(amazing, awesome, etc.).”
I Know YOU Can Do This!!!
Winter is here and today is a good day for me to be indoors, here in Western Pa. Sitting here and looking outside, glad that I am not in need of going anywhere. That is one of the joys I have working my business from home. But regardless of that fact, I am sure most folks don’t like the winter because of the cold. The image of the fire in the fireplace, just makes us feel toasty and warm, doesn’t it?
But what if I were to tell you it is not a real fireplace or a real fire? That it is generated on my television for me to enjoy the sound of hearing the crackling wood and the flames? What if I told you that I enjoy sitting by it with a good book? Would that make it less real? Is my perception of it wrong or disillusioned?
I don’t think so. It is all a part of my belief system and what I choose to understand. And it is for that reason I am using it as a comparison to what folks think when they hear about a person working from home. They see one thing, without question and too often they don’t look any closer than what they perceive it to be. Could it be that they don’t allow their instincts to look into it further? There is a lot of garbage out there, and sometimes folks are afraid to get burnt (pun totally meant).
But I have been working from home for 12 years. So I felt it was necessary to share with you a few points to help you be able to look at what you see to what is really right in front of your eyes.
- A legitimate home based business often gives full details about their company.
- If you are looking for a network marketing business opportunity, the first thing to check is the nature and extent of their goods and services. A good company offers products that are beneficial and not there solely as a means to recruit more distributors.
- Legitimate home businesses are recognized by governments and agencies..
- Legitimate home based businesses offer money-back guarantees.
- Remember that a genuine company always goes through a process of acquiring licenses and certificates as proof of its existence and credibility.
Make It A GREAT Day!!!
Check out our team fan page at
Hello all you happy readers!!
I thought it would be fun to start a journal and share it with you daily!! Just one crazy mom to another. I am not trying to be better than anyone else, just maybe a friend that you can sit and have a chuckle or two with everyday..
As life would have it, our days are never dull around here.
How is this for starters. My daughter decided to go and lie to us and get herself grounded. Typical teenager right? So we thought we would ground her from driving her truck to school and work, thus making it harder on us to get her around. BUT as parents we felt it necessary to teach her a lesson.
Here is the kicker… I think she is ok with it, because she is going to save gas…Some punishment hugh? LOL
Have a great day!!
We all want to raise happy, productive children. We desire for them to grow up into responsible adults.
As a parent, it’s your job to give your child appropriate life skills.
It’s important that this is not an exercise to establish your goals for your children. Do that and your child could very well give up before they ever begin.
Below are a few guidelines for you and them…
Age Matters. Start by helping them establish short-term goals, especially if they are very young.
Keep It Real. Make sure goals are appropriate and realistic.
Pathways. Setting the goal is just the first step. Children also need to learn how to establish the steps that get them there. Teach them to focus on one step at a time. That’s how a big goal becomes achievable.
Roadblocks. Kids also tend to ignore obstacles they might encounter. Children can learn to adapt and overcome them, not see their goal derailed.
Deadline. Every goal deserves a deadline. Provide the motivation to help your children actually achieve their goals.
You can use goal-setting to teach kids how to manage personal finances, be better organized at home or at school, establish healthy lifestyles, earn better grades, motivate themselves and better manage resources. Most importantly, setting goals can help kids learn that they can control their own destiny.
Helping Families Work From Home
“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson