This recipe for success is a four part formula for getting what you want. I first learned and used this simple formula for success many years ago when taking Tony Robbins’ Personal Power II course. I have used it many times since. In short, it works.
“The past does not equal the future.”
-Tony Robbins quotes
When working any plan, you have to discard any doubts. Many of us have deep-seated doubts that are formed by a combination of elements. Among those are our core beliefs about ourselves and the world, impressions of past experiences (both successes and failures), our need for approval, and level of self esteem.
You need to put all that behind you and stick to your plan. You need to take action regardless of fear or doubt. In order to do that, I recommend you ask the question… “what would Tony do?”
Master motivator Tony Robbins tells us that we need several things in order to succeed:
- A clear, simple, workable approach. Don’t over complicate things! This is a bad habit that many of us have. Don’t let it do you in.
- Two requirements: desire and commitment. Results are not based on what people can do, but what they will do. If you’re willing to do what it takes, you can succeed.
- A plan with simple, systematic strategies. If you improve yourself by one percent per day, that’s over 365 percent improvement in one year. Do you think you can improve just one percent per day? Of course you can!
The recipe for success
Here is the four step formula for success that will work for anything you want to accomplish.
- Determine your outcome – You must make a decision. You must decide on what you want. If you don’t get clear on where you’re going, the chances of your getting there are rather slim. ”Begin with the end in mind.”
- Take action – You must make a second decision and decide to make a change. Many of us will not do this due to fear. Don’t fall into that trap. Decide to act anyway.
- Notice what is working – Know what results you’re getting. Continue to monitor your results and adjust your actions if needed in order to get the results you want.
- Choose a role model – Accelerate your progress towards success by modeling those who are already successful. It’s much easier to copy what someone else has already done. What’s even better, is you can then improve upon what someone has done and achieve better results, often in a shorter period of time.
This simple formula above is a recipe for success that has worked well for me. I hope you’ll embrace it and put it to work for you.